Tuesday, November 27, 2007

First Day as a Runner!

That's right folks! I'm starting a running program!

Why, you ask?

I like food! I like the way food smells. I like certain food textures such as crunchy, cheesy, and chewy. I like salt. I like sugar. I like the way food taste. I like food so much I tend to over indulge. I also like new clothes! I like to look good in new clothes, but I like food more. 'Nuff Said!
Folks, I'm the proud owner of two brand-spanking-new running shoes! With these shoes I plan to run my first marathon December 6, 2008. I spent two hours at Breakaway in Memphis where I purchased a pair of Brooks and Saucony. The Brooks will carry me through weekday jaunts and for the long hauls I'll be donning the Saucony.

This afternoon, I picked up my feet and threw them back down a little too loud and a little too hard, but I did it all the same. Today's training consisted of two minute runs followed by one minute walks for a total of 12 minutes. It was hard, I was winded, but it felt good. I then did some pace work, where I just went without concentrating on my watch, slowing to a walk when winded. I added one fartlek at the end for good measure then jogged home.

Right now, it's not about the mileage, it's simply pickin-em up and puttin-em down in order to become a better consumer of my favorites: food and clothes.

No comments: